Human Trafficking: A Horrendous Reality
Activity Release: October 20, 2021
Activity Expiration: October 19, 2023
ACTIVITY PURPOSE/CONTENT SUMMARY:
Human Trafficking is recognized as a form of "modern day slavery"
and has been linked to multiple types of exploitation of victims from
all ages, ethnicities, genders, nationalities, and sexual orientations.
The activity content provides healthcare practitioners with an overview
of human trafficking, opportunities to glimpse the life of human trafficking
victims, tools to assess and identify potential human trafficking victims,
available resources and national and state referral services. This course
fulfills the Florida Legislative licensing requirement for advanced practice
For the education of physicians, APRNs, PAs, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
that may have contact with potential victims of human trafficking.
At the conclusion of this CME activity, participants will be able to:
1. Define human trafficking and factors that contribute to human trafficking.
2. Explain differences between labor and sex trafficking.
3. Discuss recruitment practices utilized by human traffickers.
4. Discuss interviewing strategies and tools available to assess and identify
suspected human trafficking.
5. Describe processes for reporting suspected human trafficking.
6. Identify and describe local and national resources for aiding human
* Commercial Support: None * Faculty & Content Reviewer finanical interest:
None * CME Committee of Flagler Hospital: No relevaEnt financial interest
* Investigational products/products not labeled for use: None
This information in this educational activity is provided for general medical
education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent
medical judgment of a physician/clinician relative to diagnostic and treatment
options of a specific patient's medical condition. The viewpoints
expressed in this CME activity are those of the authors/faculty. They
do not represent an endorsement by Flagler Hospital. In no event will
Flagler Hospital be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance
upon the information provided through this CME activity.
Adobe reader to access power point slides.
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO OBTAIN CREDIT:
1. Review presentation power point
Adobe pdf slides
(reminder- right click and open links embedded in slides to open in new window).
2. After reviewing presentation, complete the continuing medical education
post-test/evaluation (pass with a grade of 80% or higher).
3. Credits earned will be reported to CE Broker and certificate provided
via interoffice mail or e-mail once post-test has been processed by CME Office.
Florida Human Trafficking Employee Notification size11x 15 English & Spanish (posting in employee area required by 1/1/2021)
Florida Attorney General Stop Human Trafficking - Anyone Could Be A Victim
of Human Trafficking size 8 x 11
Florida Attorney General - Awareness- From Instant Message to Instant Nightmare size 8 x 11
Blue Campaign - When You Can't Walk Away size 8 x 11
Flagler Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide
continuing medical education for physicians.
Flagler Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of two
2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent
of their participation in the activity.
Flagler Hospital is accredited for Florida Board of Nursing 50-664 for
continuing education units.