Domestic Violence- An Ongoing Population Health Concern
ACTIVIRT PURPOSE/PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE GAP:
National studies conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
and many other government agencies have declared domestic violence a public
health concern. Florida State has determined that domestic violence continues
to be a public health concern and requires continuing medical education
for all healthcare professionals on the topic of domestic violence.
This CME activity is designed for physicians (MD/DO), ARNPs, and PAs.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss how domestic violence is a population health concern.
- Describe the prevalence of domestic violence on a national and local level
and the state laws pertaining to the issue of domestic violence.
- Identify the vulnerable population and describe how to screen and assess
individuals that may be a victim or perpetrator of domestic violence in
a clinical practice.
- Discuss the cycle, motivation and risk factors of domestic violence.
- Describe the healthcare provider's role in fulfilling state laws and
hospital reporting guidelines for patients identified as victims of domestic violence.
- Identify and recommend state and community resources for victims as appropriate
for shelter, counseling, and child protection services.
* No Commercial Interest
* No relevant financial interest by authors, reviewers, or CME Committee Planners.
* No investigational products/products not labeled for use is mentioned
within the enduring CME activity.
This information in this educational activity is provided for general medical
education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent
medical judgment of a physician/clinician relative to diagnostic and treatment
options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The viewpoints
expressed in this CME activity are those of the authors/faculty. They
do not represent an endorsement by Flagler Hospital. In no event will
Flagler Hospital be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance
upon the information provided through this CME activity.
Adobe reader to access power point slides or appropriate software to view
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO OBTAIN CREDIT:
1. Review presentation power point
Adobe pdf slides.
2. After reviewing presentation, pass the continuing medical education
post-test with a grade of 80% or higher and complete the CME evaluation.
3. Credits earned will be reported to CE Broker and certificate provided
via interoffice mail or e-mail once post-test has been processed by CME Office.
4. Easy Reference Cited Flagler Hospital policies
Flagler Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide
continuing medical education for physicians.
Flagler Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of two
2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent
of their participation in the activity.
Flagler Hospital is accredited for Florida Board of Nursing 50-664 for
continuing education units.