Flagler Hospital, Inc., Privacy, Confidentiality and HIPAA/PHI in Research
Activity Release: 05/30/2019
PROFESSIONAL NEED/ ACTIVITY PURPOSE:
This CME activity was designed to educate researchers and Flagler Hospital, Inc. Institutional Review Board members about protecting the confidentiality and privacy of human research subjects required by the Flagler Hospital, Inc. Institutional Review Board Policy (PRE-009).
This CME activity is designed for prospective researchers (physicians, APRNs, PAs, Flagler Hospital, Inc. employees) and Flagler Hospital, Inc. IRB members.
At the conclusion of this CME activity, participants will be able to:
1. Define how the three principles of the Belmont Report are reflected in maintaining confidentiality and privacy in research.
2. Describe the HIPAA Privacy Rule as applied to research.
3. Explain the importance of maintaining the integrity of protected health information in research.
* No Commercial Interest
* No relevant financial interest by authors, reviewers, or CME Committee Planners.
* No investigational products/products not labeled for use is mentioned within the enduring CME activity.
In no event will Flagler Hospital be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME activity.
Adobe reader to access power point slides or appropriate software to view MP4/You Tube video(s).
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO OBTAIN CREDIT:
1. Review CME adobe pdf presentation slides.
2. After reviewing CME presentation slides, pass the post-test
(with a grade of 80% or higher) and complete the CME evaluation.
3. Credits earned will be reported to CE Broker once post-test has been processed by CME Office. CME certificate is available upon request.
Flagler Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Flagler Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of one 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Flagler Hospital is accredited for Florida Board of Clinical Social Work and Mental Health Counseling, Florida Board of Nursing, and Florida Pharmacy Board 50-664 for continuing education units. This activity is approved by the above boards for continuing education.