Introduction to Cultural Competency
Activity Release:01/01/2022 Activity Expiration:12/31/2024
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE GAP:
Physicians and other healthcare providers interact on a daily basis with people who have varying cultural languages, beliefs, experiences, and practices. Interacting with and providing care to diverse groups requires that providers recognize cultural differences and skill in communicating with the diverse community populations.
Flagler Hospital's mission is to provide the best patient experience with the best staff. The Introduction to Cultural Competency CME activity offers physicians and other members of the healthcare team a means to become better equipped through increasing their awareness, knowledge and skills to improve the delivery of healthcare for highly diverse populations.
This CME activity is designed for physicians, APRNs, and PAs.
At the conclusion of this CME activity, participants will be able to:
1. Define culture, cultural awareness and cultural competency.
2. Explain how culture effects both health care beliefs and practices of the healthcare team and patients.
3. Identify barriers related to cultural competency that minimize effective healthcare delivery.
4. Describe how cultural perspectives apply to healthcare delivery.
* No Commercial Interest
* No relevant financial interest by authors, reviewers, or CME Committee Planners.
* No investigational products/products not labeled for use is mentioned within the enduring CME activity.
This information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician/clinician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this CME activity are those of the authors/faculty. They do not represent an endorsement by Flagler Hospital. In no event will Flagler Hospital be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME activity.
Adobe reader to access power point slides or appropriate software to view MP4 video.
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO OBTAIN CREDIT:
1. Review presentationpower point Adobe pdf slides.
2. After reviewing presentation, pass the continuing medical education post-test (with a grade of 80% or higher) and complete the CME evaluation.
3. Credits earned will be reported to CE Broker and certificate provided via interoffice mail or e-mail once post-test has been processed by CME Office.
Flagler Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Flagler Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of one 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Flagler Hospital is accredited for Florida Board of Nursing 50-664 for continuing education units.