Promoting a Culture of Respecting People: Preventing Sexual Harassment
Activity Release: 01/25/2023 Activity Expiration: 1/24/2025
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE GAP/PURPOSE:
The purpose of this CME activity is to raise providers’ level of awareness in recognizing and preventing sexual harassment in the workplace. The awareness includes knowledge of types of sexual harassment and effects of sexual harassment on the healthcare organization including healthcare team members and patients and their families. In addition, this CME activity will suggest strategies healthcare team members should use to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.
FACULTY: Celina Makowski, DHA, MBA, CHCP and Javeshia Melton, BS
REVIEWER: Patricia D. Moore, PhD, RN
At the conclusion of this CME activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the types of sexual harassment.
- Discuss the effects of sexual harassment.
- Explain strategies to prevent sexual harassment.
- Describe barriers to reporting sexual harassment. .
* Commercial Support: None * Faculty & Content Reviewer finanical interest: None * CME Committee of Flagler Hospital: No relevant financial interest * Investigational products/products not labeled for use: None
The information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only. In no event will Flagler Hospital, Inc. be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME/CE activity.
Adobe reader to access power point slides and internet browser (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc.) to access and complete the post-test and evaluation.
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO OBTAIN CREDIT:
1. Review presentation power point Adobe pdf slides and complete independent study suggestions.
2. After reviewing presentation slides, pass the continuing medical education post-test and evaluation with a grade of 80% or higher.
3. Credits earned will be reported to CE Broker once post-test and CME evaluation has been processed by CME Office.
Flagler Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Flagler Hospital designates this educational activity for a maximum of one1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Flagler Hospital is accredited for Florida Board of Nursing 50-664 for continuing education units.