FLAGLER HOSPITAL LECOM PHYSICIAN PRECEPTOR EDUCATION SERIES
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE GAP/NEED:
Flagler Hospital, Inc. is affiliating with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) to provide a primary clinical site for 3rd and 4th year medical students’ clinical rotations. The physicians of Flagler Hospital are becoming LECOM faculty preceptors and require education on how to effectively teach medical students within various clinical settings.
Travis Smith, DO; Associate Dean of Clinical Curriculum Integration & Assessment
This CME series is for the education of Flagler Health + physicians that are or will be LECOM faculty preceptors.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Integrate medical students in the workflow process in various clinical settings.
2. Educate medical students regarding effective interactions/communications with patients.
3. Involve medical students in the learning process in various clinical settings.
4. Educate medical students regarding relevant medical-legal risk management requirements.
5. Evaluate medical students in various clinical settings.
6. Provide feedback to medical students in various clinical settings.
* No Commercial Interest
* Faculty financial interest: LECOM Faculty
*CME Committee Planners: No relevant financial disclosures
* No investigational products/products not labeled for use is mentioned within the enduring CME activity.
The information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician/clinician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this CME activity are those of faculty. They do not represent an endorsement by Flagler Hospital, Inc. In no event will Flagler Hospital, Inc. be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME activity.
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO OBTAIN CREDIT:
1. Click title to access webcast video. Click appropriate links to access handout and/or independent reading. Listen to the webcast and review handout and/or independent reading links.
2. After viewing webcast video and handout, click link to complete activity post-test (passing rate 80%) and evaluation.
3. Credit earned will be reported to CE Broker and certificate provided via e-mail once post-test is processed by CME Office. Completion of CME activity and passing of post-test will be reported to Flagler Hospital Medical Staff Services.
Flagler Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Flagler Hospital designates each webcast educational activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
WEBCAST SERIES VIDEOS: Technical Requirements: appropriate software to view MP4 video; Adobe reader to access handout.
3. Curriculum and Clinical Pearls video (handout) (post-test/evaluation) Released: 6/30/2022 Expiration: 5/17/2025 (Comic medical student lessons incorporated in the presentation was provided by Dr. Glaucomflecken YouTube channel.)
4. Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) and New Evaluation video (post-activity evaluation) Released 10/26/2022 Expiration 5/17/2025.
Entrustable Prefessional Activities (EPAs) Independent Reading:
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC): EPA Toolkits and Scholarly Articles
Open Sourced Scholarly Articles:
Pugh, D., et al. (2017). Using the Entrustable Professional Activities Framework in the Assessment of Procedural Skills. Journal of Graduate Medical Education 9(2), 209-14.
Steeb, D. et al. (2021). Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) for Global Health. Academic Medicine, 96(3), 402-408. Retrieved from